Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday

I had quite a weird day. I was so exhausted, I literally could stop myself from falling in and out of consciousness until about noon. Then I felt lightheaded all day. I really thought I'd pass out. But I finally ate a banana and drank some oj, now I feel better.

Your list of pet peeves was fun. I'm glad most of you said you'd never actually tell the writer it irked you, but instead just list them out here. There's a difference between thinking something vs acting on it. Most of you have good hearts.

I made two baby blankets this weekend and now I have the one I'm making for mommybird all laid out and ready for pinning. I make those classic tassled fleece blankets, but I put in a few extra hours of work by "quilting" it with decorative seems and cross stitching. And I don't knot it. It makes for a much softer and streamlined blanket. Lots of work, but worth it!

Time for bed. Nighty night!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

13 comments:

Eden Riley said...

You never cease to amaze me.
I want to see a photo of you cross stitching a baby blanket .... with your big fuck-off tatts in the picture.

Rock on.

jenn said...

I also never pegged you for a quilter... ;o)

I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday- sounds like low blood pressure & low blood sugar.

I didn't even get to comment below yet- i've been so wiped out with not sleeping & trying to function during the day & get everything done at night... i can't wait for our little vaca!

Krista said...

B and I were just snuggling under our "Nancy" blanket this morning. We love it. Thanks again.

mommybird said...

I'm so excited, I can't wait!! You are so awesome. I hope today is a better day than yesterday and you were able to get some rest.

areyoukiddingme said...

Awesome! I'd like to see some pictures of your blankets.

Hope you're feeling a little better today.

Caitlin said...

Those sound nice! I made a knot fleece blanket once. It was damn tedious and enough for me to know I'll never do it again! :)

Hope you are feeling better today...

Anonymous said...

ooo-I want to see pictures of the blankets! I am totally impressed. How in the world do you find time for it all? No wonder you were falling over today. :)
You are a rock star!

Kristin said...

Those blankets sound amazing. Can we see pics please?

Sarah said...

So, not only are you awesome, but you have mad crafty skills as well? Sweet! :)

Photogrl said...

Hope you feel better today!

The blankets sound really nice.

Robin said...

Maybe this is weird to say but, I didn't know you were crafty?!? Is there nothing Nancy can't do??

OH.. and guess what I saw on Oprah today? Roller Derby. (Not that I actually WATCH Oprah...backpedaling...seriously though, it's just on in my classroom for background noise).

Steph said...

If it's a majority vote- post pics! I want to see the blankets too.

I'd also agree with the low blood sugar thing. (giving you my most serious "mom" look) You should not wait until noon to eat something. Grab something with protein within an hour of getting up.

Sarah said...

Yeah, exactly. I think these things (about grammar) but it's not like I dislike those people or their blogs. I will still read/comment, etc. I just can't help but notice the errors. :)