Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Nancy's way of going out BIG.

I was a good student. I can't help it - school is easy for me. Hence me being half way through my nursing program and if I just took a year of physics, I'd have another bachelor's degree in computer science. But I digress ...

When I was going through my first bachelor of science degree at Arizona State University, there was a HUGE party to celebrate the end of school one night. The problem was, it was the night before my very last final, which was scheduled at 7:15am. But I was flying in that class - all I had to do is show up and even GUESS on every answer and I'd still get an A. I figured out I had to get something like 4 right to keep my A.

So I partied. And partied. And partied. The last thing I remember was holding up a shot of jack daniels and saying "I have my last final exam in 3 hours!" and down the shot goes into my belly. Shortly thereafter, I pass out.

I wake up in a start, look at a clock and see it's 9 something. HOLY SHIT. I missed my final. I race out the door, probably a little still drunk, get to school which was conveniently down the street from the apartment I was partying at and RUN to class.

I come face to face with my teacher whom I start begging him to let me take my final. I slurred out some excuse about working late and sleeping through the alarm, but come on, I reeked of booze. I should of told him the truth. Anywho - he refused to let me take the exam but he did let me turn in my paper for HALF CREDIT. Grrrr. I ended up getting a freaking ~C~ in that class. I guess it could of been worse though, he could of failed me!

10 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Way to make an impression! Personally, I had a ban on drinking until after my last final. Since my last final was at 9 am, I was drinking by 10 (I'm a fast reader). This is why I got all my drinking done in college, and no longer have any need to get even a little tipsy. That, and I really hate hangovers!

Robin said...

Oh wow, that sucks...!!! You are very lucky he let you turn the paper in at all. Some profs are total hard asses.

Misty Dawn said...

Sounds like something I've done. LOL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa said...

You have no idea just how many people I know that had the exact same thing happen to them. The best story was one of my friends missed an English exit exam (a formality to get the college degree) because he was drunk and slept through his alarm. Luckily, the university accepted him anyway on condition that he passed the exam when it was given the following semester.

Thankfully, it never happened to me. The only time I came close to missing an exam was because my apartment building had burnt down the night before. But since it happened so early in the morning and I had nowhere else to go... I was early for the exam!!

Peeveme said...

Wow...pretty amazing that you still passed!

jenn said...

Nice. I got all my drinking out of the way in high school & the first blurry years of community college.
My degree took 5-ish years to get, but once I got serious I did a 4 year intensive degree in 3- maintaining dean's list every semester. But high school. Oh.Man.

Kristin said...

Wow, what a way to end...LOL!

Jamie said...

Still impressive to get a C and miss the whole final!

Kate said...

i too got tanked the night before my last final, showed up drunk with 15 minutes left to go in the test & was actually hammered enough to lay down on the floor in the front of a packed 300 person lecture hall to write the final. i think i ended up with an A-

ah, college!