Saturday, December 5, 2009

oy vey. I'm sick sick sick.

I've got the chills. My tummy is pissed off at me. I'm puking in the trashcan next to the bed.

I'm pretty hot, eh?

Yeah, this is day four of the energy zapping crud I have. Seriously. It's hard just to sit here and type. But if I lay in bed any longer I'm going to go insane. I can't get comfortable and I'm constantly cold. At least if I move around I can start to warm my feet up again.

Last night I drug myself out of bed to go to my husband's holiday party. I was a horrible date. Usually I'm way more fun but I just couldn't muster the energy. Oh, and my husband's coworker's pregnant wife was at our table and I was so jealous! She tried hard for this pregnancy though, so I am happy for them. They've had failed IVFs and succeeded spontaneously. Yay for them. She sat there with her hand on her belly. It was so sweet. I wanted to punch her in the face reach out and feel her belly. But I kept my hands to myself. Oh, the story of me eating the pin? It was while I was making a baby blanket for her.

I just watched the movie Alive yesterday. That movie just makes my skin crawl. Not because they had to eat their dead companions to stay alive, but that it was SO cold. Last night, when we left the party, it was ONE degree outside. It just brought my mind to how I would never ever make it if I was one of the survivors of that plane crash. I could eat a person, sure, but survive the cold? No fucking way. 72 days in the andes? The story is nothing short of a miracle.

Anywho, time to go lay back down. I hate being sick!

20 comments:

Emmie :) said...

is it weird that i love that in the midst of your ickiness and bad-partying, you just admitted you would eat your dead friend? bwahahaha!!!

Lisa said...

Hope you feel better soon...

Mrs.Joyner said...

Gah to feeling sick and pukey..But I have to admit..Your comment about wanting to punch the pregnant lady in the face/rub her belly, made me kind of chuckle!! Here's to feeling better sooner rather then later!!

Robin said...

I hope you feel better!

I know what you mean about the cold. I live in Florida so obviously I know ~nothing~ about what really cold weather is like. This week it has been in the low 50's, rainy, and wet every day and I have been HATING LIFE. I am so ready for it to either dry out or warm up a bit. Sheesh. I am such a wimp!

Morgan Owens said...

Sorry you're so sick..that's never any fun! I hope you get to feeling better soon..this cold weather doesn't help!! Thinking about you!

areyoukiddingme said...

I hope you feel better soon...because you never know when you're going to be the one everyone is waiting to eat. Better to be healthy all the time so you don't look weak!

zach05kate95 said...

I hope you feel better soon...because you never know when you're going to be the one everyone is waiting to eat. Better to be healthy all the time so you don't look weak!

My computer is now the proud owner of a coat of hot coco. Thanks alot ;)

Kristin said...

Feel better soon Nancy!

mommybird said...

I love that even though you're feeling icky, you can still make everyone laugh. I hope you're feeling better soon.

MrsSpock said...

Puking- definitely not hot.

I don't think I could eat human- I don't even like to eat poultry.

jenn said...

heh- I would ~totally~ be the one who died because she couldn't eat a person. But I am actually surprisingly good in the cold! We'd make a great survivor if you melded us!

I'm sorry you are sick- hope it's better soon. And I just read something by another blogger (can't remember who) that rang true... pregnancies are so much harder than babies. Once the baby is out it's someone, plus you already have amazing babies- you relate. But pregnancies are hard for you to get- they are more prone to jealousy. I will have to look who wrote it so I'm not just plagiarizing...

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you're sick, Nancy! Sorry about the pregnant lady--they seem to be everywhere these days. :-/

Dr. Grumbles said...

I hope you are back to your sarcastic and energetic self again soon!

calliope said...

feel better!!!!! I insist.

Miss Tori said...

Sorry you're feeling so crappy. I hope you get over it soon.

As a way of making you feel better, stop by my blog as I have something for you.

Jamie said...

I hate to be cold as well. Just cold is one thing, but the kind of cold that freezes your bones? I would have asked to be eaten instead.

I hope you are feeling better!!

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry you're feeling shitty. Hope that ends soon.

kimbosue said...

Sorry for the shittiness. Hope it passes soon.
I also want to punch, I mean rub the bellies!

Laurel said...

Didn't realize you were sick when you came over for dinner. Guess my hubs' good food cleared you right up eh?

At least you were fattened up a bit just incase you got stranded in the snow on the way home. See, we saved you from having to find a friend to eat to stay alive! heh.

Tanya said...

I don't know about consuming the deceased friends... but I could live for a long time off my "stores".

1F?... I had to go find a temperature converter... lightweight... it's -15F here today (although admittedly I'm whining that I'm cold).