Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's over and done with.

I did it!!! I danced in front of an entire room of people. I was terrified, yet once my music started, my body knew what to do. I think. Heh. On stage, I just went into auto pilot and I'm not too sure how well I even did.

The night kinda sucked in time wise. On of my best friend's and fellow blogger, Laurel, put on her HUGE yearly Halloween party last night. I was able to attend the party from 7p-9p, then I had to go to the venue. I was planning on going back to her house and come back when it was my time, but I was so nervous I took a few liquid courage shots and decided I shouldn't be driving back and forth with alcohol in my system. So while I was watching the show, waiting for my turn, I had massive guilt to not be there with my husband and friends.

The dance, however, was thrilling for me. I didn't take off the same amount of clothes as other girls, as many took off their pants to go to thongs or even a g string - I kept everything waist down on. And I dance to 80% of the song with my body mostly covered, I don't take my corset off until the last 30 seconds, even then, I just tease the audience with opening one side than another, then I turn my back to the audience while I drop it.

As soon as my dance was over (I was the LAST girl dancing!) we had a group number called "bombshell" and we danced to that and then had graduation. We got our little diploma, picture taken and then did a shot of jager in celebration. The audience was SO supportive and amazing. I guess it helped they were all liquored up by the time us newbies went on!

I didn't take any pictures of me in my burlesque costume, but I leave you with some I took of my Halloween costume. Me, Laurel and our friend Tina were the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus. I'll post the pictures of the 3 of us together when I get them.

I was sarah jessica parker's character. Heavy makeup, fluffy shirt underneath corset and boobies popping out...




The bottom was red thigh highs and tall black boots, underneath a flowy purple skirt...




It was fun. Except I didn't get back to the party until ~very~ late (12:30am) but we had a babysitter until 3am. Yahoo!! I got up with the kids at 7am though. There is always a downside to staying up late when you've got kids - they don't recognize when mommy and daddy want to sleep in! So 6:45am was it!

12 comments:

Mareike said...

I'm sure you were terrific because you are.
I hope you get a good sleep tonight.

jenn said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats- I am so glad you had fun & got through it- I am sure you rocked it out.

I hope you get to go to bed early tonight- I do hear ya on the sleeping in thing- Caiden refuses to sleep in when we want her to!

Lisa said...

I am sure you were great!

Sara said...

Sounds like everything went really well!! Congrats!

Jessica White said...

Good for you! I give you a lot of credit to get up there and do that! Sounds like it was a lot of fun though.

Robin said...

That is totally amazing that you did that. I would be so chicken. I'm sure you were great!

Jamie said...

Congrats!! I would have needed sooo much liquid courage to do a burlesque dance in front of an audience my routine wouldn't have been much. You have my total respect!!

Maybe the kiddos will slept over a little . . .

Kristin said...

I'm sure you danced brilliantly. Sometimes less is more when it comes to sexy and it sounds like you managed that with your routine.

JW Moxie said...

*applause* Congratulations on making it through your performance! I'm sure that you were wonderful!

We LOVE Hocus Pocus in these parts! Did the three of you get together and do "the Sanderson Sister walk"?

MrsSpock said...

Schwing!

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Nancy! I'm sure you were amazing and rocked the socks off the audience :)

xxx

Qwickset said...

The only other logical step would be Nancy Leisher - Suicide Girl! ;)