Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What's next?

Bad luck comes in 3s right?

I was in the midst of doing a favor and went to my brother's house, 15 miles away, to pick up his mail to get a check he needed deposited while on his 10 day cruise. I'm currently sick with a fever and got all three kids in the car to make the trip. Check in hand, I drive to the only branch this bank has in town. A big triangle is what the route is taking me on, but I had no choice.

I pull up to the bank and in avoiding the cement girder on the right, I go too far left and my tire rubs the curb. "Pssssst" fill my ears and I know my tire is flat. Damn.

I deposit the check and pull I to the parking lot to change the tire. I get all three kids out to play while I go to work. My husband wasn't close, so I started the job on my own. I got the lug nuts off, jacked up the car, got tire off and spare out of the trunk and tom pulls up to finish the job. Hands dirty and my back hurting I swing back and PLOW my elbow to the side of the door.

$496 later, I'm home, my elbow hurts and I have some bad ass tires.

So. I think that's only two bad things. What's next?
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

20 comments:

Emmie :) said...

uuuuuuuuugh!!! that sucks! well, let's hope the third "bad" thing is something like your alarm clock doesn't go off, or you run out of milk in the morning. on the upside, though, i bet you can make a pretty badass arm sling, no?

Names Unlimited said...

I think your fever is think #1, so you're set with all 3. I'm sorry it was such a rotten day!

Elana Kahn said...

Oops...that post above was me. :-)

Jendeis said...

That stinks. I'm sorry.

Geohde said...

Oy. oh, and bloody Ow!

g

areyoukiddingme said...

Yep - the illness is #1. Your three is complete. On to the good luck, please.

Jen said...

Well that just sounds like a plain shitty day.

Hope tomorrow is better!

Io said...

Having a flat tire, hitting your elbow, and having to spend $$..that counts as three so I think you are due some good luck.

CanadianMama said...

Ok, I've gottta confess: I think that girls who know how to change their own tires are wicked! I totally have a girl crush on you now. And I guess there is your third problem hahahahahaha!

Lisa said...

Nancy, I am totally impressed that you changed the tire yourself.

And I agree, you have your 3 already!

jenn said...

I agree- being sick is #1- so you are already set! No more bad luck!!! (fingers crossed so I don't jinx you yet again!)

You are a total badass for changing your own tire- one of my fondest memories of my dad is him sitting in a lawn chair while 'teaching' me to rotate my own tires! Annoying then- priceless now!

Sarah said...

UGH, that sucks! I hope tomorrow is a better day. Two bad things don't mean a third thing is coming...you were probably pissed when you hurt your elbow (hey, I've had that happen before too).

JW Moxie said...

Lately, I've been trying to avoid asking "what's next," because it seems like the Universe always steps in and says, "THAT'S what's next."

Uh, gee thanks, Universe. I could have done without that third one.

Hope it gets better for you, hun!

Kristin said...

No, that's 3 bad things.
1) You are sick and have to go out with all three kids.
2) the flat tire
3)the elbow hurts

It's all done. No more bad luck allowed.

Jenera said...

shhhhhhh! Don't EVER ask what could happen next!

Eden Riley said...

You are so bad arse! I would have no CLUE how to change a tyre. And I'll never learn, either. Fuck that shit.

Robin said...

I think the Fever is #1 so you are good to go.

Damn girl, you are tough. I would love to say I could change a tire, but I'm not sure I could...!

mommybird said...

Sounds like a really crappy day! I think you got your 3 and today can be better.

Caitlin said...

Argh I've had my share of flat tires. After the first few, you get the hang of changing the damn things yourself, right? ;)

I hope today proves better for you...it's supposed to snow so try to stay in.

KimboSue said...

You don't need any more bad news in your life! Hope you don't see #3!