Saturday, October 10, 2009

A schnarky one.

Wait. I will get to the schnarkiness but I wanted to mention a few things about my trip and real life meet up of two bloggers in LA.

First off, I met Brandi for lunch last Friday. Yay! It was so fun and I drank a few glasses of wine. Yes, in the middle of the day. Had the BEST salad ever (i should of gotten the dinner portion) and had great conversation. I didn't even think of taking a picture because I'm lame like that. But believe me, Brandi is gorgeous and awesome.

Then I did my family wedding stuff and drove over to Mareike's house. She doesn't actually blog (loser!) but she does comment a lot. And she was a guest blogger of this very blog last week. She has a house just off of sunset blvd and from her front windows you can see the hollywood sign. Very cool for a tourist like me. We honestly didn't do much, as I just wanted to relax and ~chill~ without family for awhile. So we drank beers, hung out and laughed. She's hilarious. I spent 2 days with her and her 3 dogs and 3 cats and her cute next door neighbor, george. ;) I did take some pictures of miss mareike, but she's fucking kill me if i posted them. It was a great time and I appreciated the hospitality.

Oh. And I swear to god I saw Michael Cera (the boyfriend in Juno) walking down the side street down to sunset blvd. At the time I thought it was his look a like little brother, but I just looked at pictures online and he's ~young~ looking. So I'm calling that I saw someone famous. heh. Who cares if it wasn't really him?

Okay. Schnarkiness. Mareike actually was the one who mentioned this to me and I wholeheartedly agreed, so time for a post about it.

It's when people complain about "annoying" comments people give them when the person is just trying to be nice. Like "still pregnant?" or "is this a boy or a girl?" or "Wow, you look like you're going to pop!" or any other type of general comment.

People just aren't that good in knowing exactly what to say when they are making general conversation. If they say ANY of these types of thing (non-mean things, obviously), they are just trying to engage you in conversation. It just means they CARE to talk to you about the subject.

Okay, that's all. I'm complaining about people complaining. Yes, I see the irony.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you had a such a great time!

M said...

Way to double complain, jk. I feel the same way. I wouldn't care less if someone said "you're getting so big" or something along those lines because you know they are just commenting on your tummy aka your pregnancy. I can't wait to look huge, is that wierd?

jenn said...

Love it!

Glad you had a nice time- I ~love~ Michael Cera!

Sara said...

Ooo, I have always wanted to visit LA. Sounds like you had a great time!

Jamie said...

It sounds like a great trip!

I went to LA once and saw Kirstin Dunst in a store. Of course I didn't realize it was her until she was gone but even though I was in LA, it never dawned on me that I could be shoulder to shoulder with a movie star in a random store.

Caitlin said...

Michael Cera? That's awesome...glad you had a good time!

I will absolutely cherish the day that someone tells me I look like I'm about to pop...*sigh*

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great trip. And, welcome back to the snarkiness you do so well...LOL.

Christina said...

Sounds like you had fun in LA!

I get annoyed when people say I look like I'm going to pop because they've been saying it over and over again for the past 20 weeks! On top of that it's not just one person a day, it's like the whole entire department, 30 people, decide they're all going to come up to me and say it each and every day!