Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yes! (A story about boobies.)

I did a bit of shopping yesterday and stopped and bought a nursing bra. Not that I need one now, but I'm growing out of my bras and don't want to spend money on a new "normal" bra for my larger breasts. Once the baby gets here, I ~never~ wear normal bras, only nursing bras. So, yeah, why buy a nice larger bra when it will never get used?

Anywho, I stopped off at the maternity store I ~loathe~. Motherhood Maternity. There return policy sucks assholes. Most of their fashions are exactly the reason why people hate maternity clothes. And even if you do find something halfway cute, the material is simply terrible.

I admit 5% of the things are, in fact, cute. I bought 3 packages of maternity panties. Hipsters, boy shorts and thongs. $12 for a pack of 3, but that's not bad. I also got a cute green cable knit sweater, but it was a soft cotton so it was cool.

Back to the nursing bras. I don't particularly like their selection, but I just wanted a cheap one for now. My favorite brand is Bravado, but I'll get those later on, when I'm sure of my final size. I also like Mimi's bras quite well too, but they closed the Mimi's near me. Boooo! (I liked that store a lot. Pricey, but their clothes were hip and cute!!)

I needed to get sized. Now, I know there are many more women out there with larger breasts than me, but remember, I was ~flat~ chested. Like, completely flat. I was a small A before babies, grew to a C with milk at first and settled in with a B after the first month of nursing. After breastfeeding two babies for a year each, I ended up with not even my A cup. I was flat with saggy nipples. Yes, after breastfeeding, I had zero breasts. The only thing that stuck out from my flat chest was saggy nipples. Nature is cruel.

I consulted with a surgeon and talked about getting breasts before I was done having babies. After a bunch of consideration, we decided my body/skin type would be able to support my plan, but only for one more baby. We had the surgery done without touching a single milkduct nor the nipple area. I bought a set of large Bs and sometimes a small C, depending on the store. At The Gap, I was a 34B. At Victoria's Secret, I was a 34C.

When she measured me yesterday and declared I was a 34D, I literally yelled out "fuck yeah!" in the store (no other customers were there) which got a huge laugh out of her. I'm ~thrilled~. Not only to be a 34D, but to have a PERFECT set of 34D breasts. Due to the implants, they are still completely perky, but due to growing a cup size with pregnancy, they look even more natural.

My breasts were done very well and don't look like the regular fake boobies because I didn't go too big for my frame. Staying at a large B / small C, they aren't round. They are perfectly tear dropped shaped. In fact, at my 6 month appointment, I was worried because they weren't round. Especially when I leaned forward, they went into "champagne glass" shape. My doctor explained that they were like that because they were natural shaped. Heh. I would have never known.

Anywho, this is simply a post about my perfect 34D chest. yes, I'm tooting my own horn. Yes, I'm proud of my breasts. I actually would love to move someplace being topless was legal because I'd be topless every single day.

16 comments:

Cibele said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I AM JELOUS LOL...

HopeToBeAFormerFatGirl said...

Nancy...I just wanted to say....YOU TOTALLY ROCK! It's nice to "know" someone that is totally frank and honest. I love it!

P.S. I love the name you picked out for your son!

Anonymous said...

I remember reaching that size in the 7th grade. I thought it was pretty cool that guys like to look at my chest.

Now, not so much.

I am glad you are enjoying them. I think all girls shoudl enjoy their boobs... I mean really, aren't they just the coolest?

Jen said...

Personally, I'm all for boob jobs. I fully intend to get one some day. For me, it's not really about size. It's more about shape, and I'm sure breastfeeding will impact that too.

Sarah said...

Yay for boobies!!! LOL about "Fuck Yeah!"

I never knew how obsessed I'd be about them until I became a mother (and even before then, when I started worrying about finding nursing bras). I am a 34B regularly, and I had read that a woman should be able to get teh same size for nursing, so that's what I bought. Then I panicked when my milk came in because I thought that was the size they'd stay--so then I bought a couple of 34C bras, only to have my milk level out to what it was supposed to be (duh, it was engorgement, and it was only temporary). So then, I had these bras the whole time I've been nursing--they are slightly big, but not too bad--"tit's" really only noticeable when I've just finished a feeding. I ended up wearing my normal bras again a few weeks ago because I was getting so sick of my nursing bras. We are still nursing, even though he's 1, and I just lift up my regular bras. I am looking towards weaning around 15 months or so.

Sarah said...

And, when I'm done nursing....I'm going to buy me some Victoria's Secret bras! I have never owned one and I feel like I deserve one (after years of cheap Hanes and Vassarette bras)...

Kaci said...

Hooray for boobies! I really dread seeing what my boobs look like when I'm all done nursing :(

docgrumbles said...

Hooray for boobies!

I just keep getting bigger in the band width, but my cup size has stayed the same according to the tape measure...weird. Since I am a C/D, I don't mind. There is such a thing as way too big!

Christina said...

Damn, I need some implants. I haven't had babies or breastfed and I'm barely an A right now! :(

Topcat said...

Nancy ... your belly! Your happiness! Your boobies!

Unreal.

I know, maybe you could get a job in a topless bar. But, your bump would probably prevent you pouring drinks.

There was an ad on tv the other day for a documentary on roller derby girls. "My friend does that in the States!" I shrieked to Mr TC.
xoxox

Io said...

Hee. You are cracking me up.

Charlotte said...

Geeze, when I was nursing my oldest child, I went up to an F cup, and I was a DDD with my last one. I am normallly a D or DD, depending on what time of the month it is, so I am incredibly jealous of anyone with a small bust! Enjoy your enhanced busom!!

Geohde said...

:)

J

Anonymous said...

I would pay big money to be a D or even a DD. In fact, someday I probably will. What I'd really like to do - and some would call me crazy - is get a full double mastectomy and then get some implants.

I'm high risk (family history) for breast cancer and I'm sick of lugging these 36L's around. The G cup before pregnancy/nursing was already too big. IF I can get what I want - then as my weight fluctuates, my cup size won't. I hear that is more of an issue for women past their 30's who have had a normal breast reduction.

Congrats on your boobs! I'm jealous too - only 'cause I'd love to be that "small!"

Anonymous said...

I used to have my nipples pierced and I loved them. I was so proud of them and showed them to anyone who wanted to see them. This was DEFINITELY pre-children, when I was still perky. Now I too have the champagne glass shape and inverted nipples - not cute! And yes, I posted this anonymously, but I am one of your regular readers/commenters.

Amanda said...

Rock on with your perfect boobs!!!

Hey...when I was smaller and had perfect pert breats, I showed them quite a bit. (especially while intoxicated...hee hee hee) I was damn proud of my body!