Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The non eventful, non update.

Hello from Boston!

Myself and The Fab Four are doing fine. Monday and the first half of Tuesday was spent on bedrest. Well, as much bedrest I paid attention to - I kept forgetting about it and had to remind myself to trudge it back to bed. I wasn't having any trampoline contests or anything, just getting up and walking to kitchen or something, but still - I shouldn't of been getting up.

Tuesday afternoon I got out of bed at 1:15 and made it to the airport by 2pm. Flight was on time, leaving at 2:45pm. And let me tell you, the first leg of the trip (Colorado Springs to Denver) was quite possibly the scariest plane ride I've ever taken in my entire life. EVER. There was some strong weather systems and our little 20 seater plane didn't handle it well. It wasn't "bouncy" really, but more banks and dives. Holy shit. The plane banked to the left so hard one time I actually grabbed out to hold onto the seat in front of me for fear of falling out of my seat. I even contemplated calling my hubsand, forgoing the no cell phone rule, because I thought our plane going down was a real possibility. Thankfully the flight was only 15 minutes long because I think I would have started crying.

The flight to Boston was freaking fabulous. It was a pretty full flight, but about 20% of the rows had an empty middle seat. When I checked in, I had asked if there were any open rows because I wanted to be able to put my feet up. I told the check in guy that I had just had a surgical "procedure" and he said the middle seat was empty, so I wouldn't be too crowded. I thanked him and waited for boarding. He must have done something though, because when I got on the plane, my row was completely empty and the flight attendant came back and told me I needed to sit up during take off and landing, but I could put my feet up and lay across the seats as soon as we were in the air. If it wasn't for the two men having a 3 1/2 hour long meeting in the row kitty-corner from me, the flight would have been perfect. I watched the movie 27 Dresses, which was a cute movie. Quite contrived, but cute. And I drank tons of water, staying very hydrated.

Once in Boston, I got a taxi right away, made it to hotel within 15 minutes and had the BEST room service pretty much ever. It cost me about $40, but so worth it.

Now I'm working, chillin', feet up.

11 comments:

Nadine said...

Glad to hear you and the fab four have arrived safe and sound. Have fun in Boston.

Motel Manager said...

I hate flying into and out of Denver, which I have to do a lot. There's so much insane turbulence! It doesn't seem to bother the pilots, but it freaks me out. Glad your flight to Boston went okay, though!

Amber said...

Glad you hear that you are doing well! Keep those feet up as much as possible!

..Soo.See.. said...

Hope the rest of your trip is smooth and the fly back too.

Sorry for the 1st flight. =P I was told those smaller planes fly lower so that may cause more turbulence. I hate that.

Denise said...

Yeah, we tend to get a lot of strong wind coming off or up against the mountains. I think spring time is a little more volatile also. Glad you and the fab four made it safely to Boston!

..Soo.See.. said...

Hope the rest of your trip is smooth and the fly back too.

Sorry for the 1st flight. =P I was told those smaller planes fly lower so that may cause more turbulence. I hate that.

Rachel said...

I'm glad that you are managing to travel in style at this 'delicate' moment. Keep up the room service and feet up.

Valerie said...

Welcome to Boston! Now rest as much as you can and take care of the fab four!

Birdee said...

My mom wants to come over this weekend and watch 27 dresses, kind of appropriate really, I'm 36 and never married, you can only imagine how many times I've been a Brides Made and never the Bride.

So glad to hear your taking care of your self, this is so important and I hate hearing of women who have a procedure (of any kind) then act like wonder woman after, only to counter-act the whole point of the procedure in the first place.

I love that your PUPO. Makes me emotional thinking about it (yes I'm a baby)

Let’s see, what else do I want to say.... I dunno, Just Big Huge ~Squishy Hugs~ to you. I can’t get enough of your (what is it) Almost 1ww? or will it be 2ww, well It don’t matter, I'll be watching you test. Not really watching, unless you get web-cam, I have one, then I can watch (Just kidding :wink:)

K-I'm done being a goof. Have a wonderful trip. I'm glad your posting your non-eventful posts.

Jen said...

That is so great that you ended up to a row by yourself! I hope the Fab 4 enjoyed their first plane ride.

After last month's fiasco, I hope to avoid layovers in Denver. The turbulence on the way in was the worst I'd ever experience (and that was a 737!) Then on the way back we were diverted to Colorado Springs due to wind shears (nice tarmac by the way) and ended up staying in Denver for an extra 24 hours. Ugh!

jenn said...

I'm sorry about your horrific first flight- we took a little 16 seater (I think) to Virginia & had such horrendous turbulance due to the appalachians- I can't even imagine how scary it must have been out there!

How sweet of the crew to accomodate you & the Mod Squad! Hope the rest of your trip is luxurious & relaxing & a great trip back is had by all! ;o)

so- when ~are~ you starting the test fest...