Monday, August 18, 2008

I'll give you $5

if you remember to remind ME to ask my OB about VCI and my questions for my Sept 3rd appt (okay, I'll give $5 to the first person who reminds me on that day.)...

~ I know peapod will be getting growth scans starting at 28 weeks. What if the baby is on the small side due to VCI? Will the baby be taken early? What would be the earliest? (I'll freak if it's before 38 weeks.)

~ If the baby is taken early, will I be induced or will a c-section be necessary?

~ During delivery, will I definitely be able to do a vaginal birth?

~ Is there anything that would necessitate a c-section regarding VCI?

~ Due to the delivery of a placenta with VCI, what will happen if the cord does detach? Will we still try to manually extract it? Or will emergency surgery be necessary?

-- updated due to new info.

~ Growth scans will start at 24 weeks.

~ Cord Compression. Ugh. Lots of questions. Will laying on left side help due to it being on the right side? What is the risk of stillbirth for general public? Can I do anything to decrease this risk?

9 comments:

chicklet said...

How to get Nancy to give me 5 bucks... hmmmmm....

nancy said...

chicky, ~you~ would get a gift certificate to home depot.

Agata said...

What's VCI? Apparently I'm stupid, because I really don't know :(

And don't freak out if they tell you "before 38 weeks". There is nothing wrong with 37 weeks. 36 weeks is pretty good. Heck, my baby was born without ever making it to 35 weeks and all was well :)

So just don't worry too much - I am sure they'll do what is best for your little guy.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Does it count if I set up an email to go out daily?

Anonymous said...

Well, not sure what VCI is.

But hopefuly you will have a very uneventful appointment and all will be well.

ssbean said...

What is VCI? I've never heard of it.

Jenera said...

Hey off topic but you've got an award over at my blog!

Wordgirl said...

I am SO out of my depth on these questions...

I know nothing...except that I am hoping for all the very best of outcomes my friend..

xo

Pam

Diana said...

I have a VCI too, I am going for my fist scan on the 26th, it's all i can think about till then. I have the same questions you do. Good Luck!