Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tomorrow is a big day.

The day of the "big" ultrasound. Seems I'm having it a bit on the early side, as they usually do them around 20 weeks, but this is when it was scheduled, so who am I to ask for them to wait? ~wink~

I'll be a mere 18w3d, but good to go. It'll be at the hospital's Maternal Fetal Medicine office instead of my regular OB. Apparently, when you start out at MFM due to being AMA, they like to keep you there. I actually really like this approach. Instead of having a tech at the OB's office do it, I'll be in the hospital with a periontologist coming in at the end to go over the results. Cool by me.

So I'm a little nervous. This is such an important milestone to get to and if something is wrong with the peapod, it could be found now. Ugh. So "healthy baby vibes" all around.

The appointment is at 845am MT, so I'll be updating pretty early with the hopefully ~good~ results.

23 comments:

MrsSpock said...

Good luck! Hope everything goes well!

Sara said...

How exciting!! I am sure everything looks great with your little one!
Can't wait to read an update. ;)

Ali said...

Can't wait to hear how it goes. Good luck!

Elana Kahn said...

I've got good healthy baby vibes coming your way!!!

Katherine said...

I had my "big one" with both babies at 18 weeks--healthy baby vibes to you, and HAVE FUN!

Io said...

Good luck - I am sending healthy baby vibes!

Denise said...

Good healthy baby vibes to both of us tomorrow! My appointment is at 9:30am (but won't be done until around 11:30).

CanadianMama said...

Sending many good baby vibes, although I'm sure you won't need them!
Have fun :)

Kelly said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Nancy I had a high risk pregnancy and my big ultrasound was at 18 weeks. Don't be alarmed they weren't worried about anything being wrong with the baby it was just my age. Can't wait to hear the results.

Amanda said...

Sending all sorts of healthy baby vibes!

Jenera said...

Good luck, I was a wreck for a week before mine, seriously. Hope you get some good shots of the little guy!

Geohde said...

The very best of luck. I was terrified before mine.

xx

J

jenn said...

Good luck today! I can't log in to check anything while I am at work, but I will be thinking about you & sending all the healthy baby vibes I can!!!

heavenlytini said...

good luck today with your big ultrasound sending you lots of healthy baby vibes hoping lil man is healthy and strong!!!

tobacco brunette said...

Good luck today!!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of luck! I'll keep you and the kiddo in my prayers.

Sarah said...

Good luck! I had my big ultrasound at 18w5d, so that was pretty early too, I thought. Everything was visible though! :) Healthy baby vibes to you!

Wordgirl said...

Good luck good luck my friend...I can't wait to hear the news.

XO

Pam

Anonymous said...

Good luck and ~~healthy baby vibes~~ coming your way. Love the belly shot - you look great!! I had an u/s at 17 wks 2 days and they tried to get all the measurements, but he was too little. I go in again Friday (19 wks 2 days)for the big u/s again. Hopefully our big strong boys are doing good and growing well!

Meg said...

Good luck today

Jen said...

I'm hoping for lots of good news today.

Molly said...

Healthy baby and healthy cord vibes!!