Friday, August 29, 2008

Why do I have to work?

Oh yeah, because if I don't work, I don't get paid. And if I don't get paid, how will I afford to be a compulsive shopper? It's a vicious cycle. Lame.

Only 3 more hours to go and I get off for the day. I have a 90 minute massage scheduled and I'm in severe need. My right shoulder is freaking so tight and I need some relief. Which is why I do 90 min massages, 30 minutes for deep work on problem areas and an hour for relaxation.

I'm all giddy right now because I had one of the nicest things ~ever~ said to me a little while ago. It's personal, so I'm not sharing, but even if I did, you wouldn't "get it". So I'm not keeping anything from you, just acknowledging how fucking awesome it is for someone to say something nice out of the blue. It's always the best when it's unexpected.

After my massage, I'm going to have to stop at a store to pick up some fixing's for dinner. I'm making yummy flank steak pinwheels (flank steak stuffed with spinach, asiago and ricotta) and I need salad and a starch side. Then I've invited our friends Laurel & Pete over for dinner, so it'll be fun. Everything is better with friends.

Okay, yeah, I need to get back to focusing on work. As much as I would love to just blog all damned day, I can't.

10 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Dang. I wanna come to dinner, too. What time?

Glad you were the recipient of Nice Words.

Cibele said...

a 90 min massage! sounds like heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
have fun

Jendeis said...

Dinner sounds fantastic! Would love to hear what side dishes you matched up with the steak rollups. Have a lovely massage and a nice time at dinner.

CanadianMama said...

I love flank steak (I usually marinate it with balsamic vinnegar, olive oil and greek seasoning and have the hub grill it) and would love your recipe. Sounds awesome!
Oh and have a great massage, I'm jealous!

Geohde said...

Yes- when my savings run out and I can't buy so much stuff for my terrible two (nevermind me, can't remember the last time I did THAT) I'll just have to go back to work :)

J

Io said...

Oh, a massage sounds fantastic.

This whole work thing is just ridiculous. Why can't we all be independently wealthy?

Sarah said...

I want a massage so bad. I asked DH to rub my back the other day and he didn't do a very good job...and he gave up after 10 seconds. Nice! I need a professional...

Jamie said...

Compliments out of the blue are the best. Follow it up with a massage and a great dinner with friends? I'm jealous!

Searching said...

Hope your massage and dinner were both wonderful!

Miss Feisty said...

I agree...nice comments (especially unsolicited) are great!

Hope you enjoy your weekend..dinner sounds yummy! :)