Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Derby tonight.

I just want to state for the record that I honestly don't know how I will be able to practice tonight. My thighs hurt ~so bad~ from derby practice on Monday - I can barely walk.

How in the world will I be able to get through tonight? I need to stop at the store and pick up some advil. Ibuprofen - the wonder drug.

If I can actually get myself moving tonight, I hope to have another good night. Monday night's practice was fucking awesome. The coach had us all (new recruits included) run drills for about 30 minutes. Then he separated all the new recruits from the rest of the team to work on basic skills. As soon as he split us up, he took 3 of the new recruits, myself included, and had us move to the regular team practice. It was scary, but I did a real workout WITH the team. It was super hard and you could definitely tell I was the new girl, but I held my own. I was able to hang out with a lot of the girls and really get to know some of them. I can't tell you how cool it was to be running drills and during my laps, hearing a shitload of girls screaming my name in support.

I still need to come up with a name. I thought of "Pippi Hard Sockings" but it was taken. I really love the over-the-knee socks I get to wear, so having "sock" in the name would of been cool. Back to the drawing board. Some of the ones we've been tossing around, but nothing really sticks yet:

~ Brazilian WaxHer (better if I was of darker complexion)
~ Circles of Equal Anger (funny, but it's because of an inside joke)
~ Kills-n-bury Doughgirl
~ Tale of Two Fisties (except a girl on the team is named "Fanny Fister" and I don't want to be the tale of her fisties.)
~ Knockin Noggins Nancy
~ ImPaleHer

3 comments:

jenn said...

ooh- fun! I vote for Knockin Noggins Nancy. I think that my legs hurt just thinking about the workout you got.

IdleMindOfBeth said...

if your taking votes, count me as 1 for "Knockin Noggins Nancy"!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the other girls about the name but I wanted to say just imagine how great you are going to look with all of this working out you are gonna be stacked!