Sunday, September 30, 2007

I ~despise~ Veda.

Veda is the salon/spa I've been going to, for oh, 10 years or so. It started out as simple hair cuts and then moved up to coloring. But then my guy left and I followed him to his own salon, so Veda does not == hair money anymore.

Veda is still synonymous with "hair being ripped from it's roots". Yes, my esthetician is still gainfully employed there and I will NEVER leave her. Ever. The problem with Veda is it's "wall of products". They carry Aveda products and I love them. Not all of them and I don't think they are the end-all-be-all product, but still, there are more than I like than I don't. Which leads me to browsing through at each appointment. And each time, I find something. The fees for my last appointment were only $64 ($45 brazilian upkeep and $19 eyebrows) but the receipt showed $180. Bastards. And Aveda keeps coming out with more and more product that I want to try and Veda keeps stocking them! Damn them all to hell.

Veda is a coven of blood sucking leeches. (but I like it. and I have great hair & face product and some of my favorite makeup. If they somehow decide to change their name to VedaMacLancome, I'm seriously SCREWED.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO. This really made me giggle. I'm with you on the cosmetics. I buy stuff just to buy it knowing I either won't use it or I already have something just like it but goes by a different fun funky name. -kh

jenn said...

my downfall is Ulta, and Sephora.

Although they are right out there in the open- no disguising the crack-like draw of product, lotion, & makeup in a service like a hair cut or waxing. I ~never~ leave empty handed. Plus I have to get at least one makeup item & try it as soon as I get to my car. no matter what I already have on!