Thursday, September 13, 2007

heartbreak.

I needed to get out of the office from the solitude of coding at my computer. I thought a lunch out would help.

I'm sitting at "noodles" waiting for my food, chit-chatting with my coworker and I start listening to the lyrics of a coldplay song playing above me. Okay, I don't even really particulary like coldplay. But still, I listen.

"Fix You"
When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse.

When the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
"Just what you're worth"

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.

5 comments:

IdleMindOfBeth said...

I'm certain that you shared this because it spoke to you, and figured it may well speak to your readers, too.

I can't wrap my head around the right words to coherently tell you how much it speaks to me right now, other than to say that my heart hears it.

I will not cry I will not cry I will not cry...

Anonymous said...

I know it hurts. But think of it this way, you didn't think you'd be able to start before c12 anyway, so you got a "free" cycle out of it all. Best of luck.

IdleMindOfBeth said...

Thanks Nancy, for the comment. That alone, letting me know that you're out there & understand... that's more than I would ever ask from you on one of "these days"

Birdee said...

I never really liked that song either, but wow! I love the Lyrics. I think it's exactly what some of us needed to hear.

Natalie said...

Gawd, I am sooo sorry you got a BFN. I haven't been around much this week but know that we all get it, even if it still fucking blows chunks:-(

And the Coldplay song - I have sooooo thought about that song and IF. Sadly,it just goes.

Hang in there.