Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quick update

I saw my OB yesterday and he checked out the reports from the ER. He said the little pieces of tissue is totally normal and should dissolve back into my body without issue. He said he didn't know why the ER doc even mentioned it, because it was so minor.

I dealt with retained placental tissue after Allison's birth and had to get another d&c at 6w postpartum, so I do know what to look for and I can say the pain I felt wasn't anything like what I had when that happened. It was more of a "bled like a stuck pig" thing and I'm not bleeding at all now. But hey, glad we checked it out just in case.

So I have a follow up with my primary care next week to discuss the gall bladder thing. It can totally resolve on it's own and next flare up again, so I don't know what he'll do. Maybe he'll order that test, maybe not. With only one true attack, who knows.

I'm SO fucking backed up with my reader. I have 900 posts to peruse, so forgive me for the lack of commenting. I'm going to try to get through them soon and at least read the most current posts from everyone.

10 comments:

Jenera said...

I'm terrible but when I get backed up on my reader, I mark them as read and start over, lol.

Glad things look okay and hopefully the gall bladder thing will work out okay too.

Sarah said...

Well, that's good news. Glad you got it checked out.

BIG HUGS to you.

Peeveme said...

I hope it's just one of those thing that goes away and is forgotten.

Take it easy.

To A T said...

I'm glad your OB decided it was nothing to worry about :) HOpefully your gall bladder turns out the same :)

Hollie said...

Glad you got checked out and are ok for the moment. Don't worry too much about reading blogs. You do have to take care of yourself.

Kate said...

glad all turned out ok so far & take care of yourself!!

Ella said...

I hope the gall bladder issue turns out to be nothing. You've been through enough already. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I don't read your blog for like TWO days and look at what happens! I'm glad everything is okay now!!

Anonymous said...

wow. I am so so effing behind on reader as well. Sheesh, lady!! So sorry for all the extra credit chaos going on right now.
xoxo

littlesteps said...

Wow. 900. That's impressive. I thought mine was bad when I got over 500 once.

I'm glad everything is working out ok.