Wednesday, February 4, 2009

That ~kinda~ worked

So.

I setup being notified, via email, for every comment I receive. I setup a little inbox for all the mails and everything. This way, I thought I could email someone back when they asked me something in a comment very easily.

BUT ...

Most comments, even from logged-in bloggers, don't have a return email in my notification. Just no-reply@blogger.com or something of the like. SOME people have their email in the notification, but just a handful.

Argh! I looked all through the settings and I can't find anything. Does anyone know if it's a setting of mine or the commentor which allows their email to be part of their comment?

4 comments:

Wordgirl said...

I've been wondering how to do that too-- because even though I can link through the commenters profile and all it would be so great to just reply -- and i can't figure out how to do it -- but I am not very quick on the technological uptake -- so I'm just going to look at the responses you get here..

and I HAVE NOT forgotten about you and Karl -- I just need to pull my head out of my a&& here and get things rolling...

XO

Pam

Anonymous said...

It's a commentor setting, but I don't know which one. I've searched for it high and low because I know mine is turned on and I was just curious how I managed to do that. I know yours is also turned on because I replied to your comment yesterday directly from my inbox.

Orrrr you can always switch to wordpress and require an email address to leave comments, and then you can reply to everyone. :)

Jenera said...

It has to do with the commenter and if they choose to have their email hidden in their profile or not.

Cara said...

Hmmm...I set that up too and although it says, "no reply" - I just hit reply anyway and it seems to work. At least - the people email me back after I do.

Hope you can figure it out.