Friday, November 2, 2007

Surgery was successful.

At least so far.

The doctor talked to me afterwards and told me he thought it was very successful. Of course, we won't know for sure until after healing, but he did say he had high hopes.

He did end up inserting a balloon into the uterine cavity to hold open the uterine walls while healing. During the healing with my last surgery in July, my lining wasn't thick enough to protect the walls from sticking together, which probably caused a lot of the scarring I had today. The balloon will stay in for at least a week, which is much less time that I had thought.

Funny story about the balloon. Doc was giving me all the details about it - like how it will cause more cramping than I would of had if I didn't have it and how long I would have it in, etc. Well, then he goes into the aspect of how the end of it has a possibility of coming out and if it does, to just go ahead and stick the end back in myself. He kept talking about it and I was all "don't worry! I've had a lot of experience with things like tampons and I think I'll be able to take care of it." He laughs and says that the reason he wants to make this point clear is he had a patient, who upon seeing the end of it poking out of her, called 911. She apparently told the 911 operator that she was "deflating". They ended up paging the doctor for advice while they were en route and the paramedics had a good laugh once they figured out what was going on. Heh. She thought she was deflating.

Anywho - thanks for any kind thoughts/vibes/wishes you all sent out to me when I asked. I really appreciate it! And with a little luck, maybe this 3rd surgery ~was~ the charm.

8 comments:

Kim said...

I am thinking a ton of good thoughts for you... here's to hoping 3rd time's a charm.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on what seems like a successful surgery!!
Hopefully you will be getting more good news soon :)

Natalie said...

Glad to hear it went well. Hopefully you heal up quick and have no 911 calls in your future:-)

Birdee said...

I have my fingers crossed for you to have a speedy and successful recovery. You’ve probably mentioned this in past posts, but how long do you have to have the balloon in? And what’s the next plan of action for you?

Jen said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. I hope you heal up quickly so you can get back into the game.

jenn said...

here's to a speedy recovery & a nice perfect oven for your bun!

very funny about deflating!

KatieM said...

I am so glad the surgery went well although I am sorry you are in so much pain (I glanced at your post today). I do hope this is the the last thing you ever have to go through to get your miracle! ((gentle hugs))

Dr. Grumbles said...

Hoping for quick healing...