Thursday, November 8, 2007

I've been deflated.

My appointment got moved up to this morning and I am happy to report the balloon has been removed. Oh my goodness, that was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had to deal with in regards to my girlie parts. And ~ouch~, the pain during removal was outstanding. I actually let out a little yelp, tightened up and started crying. The pain was unbearable. Reminded me of labor, to tell you the truth, but instead of it lasting 22 hours, it was only a few minutes. I'm still quite tender/crampy, but better. And that's all I can hope for right now.

As for the future plan. It seemed to be pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. I have to take estrogen and my birth control pills for another week. Then once I stop the pills and get my cycle, I call and make an appoinment for an HSS to happen in the next week. The HSS will give us all the information we'll need to decide if the surgery was a success or not. The upcoming cycle will also be a TAB cycle, as I will need a complete full cycle under my belt to help in the healing process. This means my next cycle could possibly be as soon as mid-december and we can get back on the ttc boat.

This next cycle does have some worries for me though. Without a trigger, I don't know if I'll be able to release the egg my follie will make. I make follies just fine and dandy, but I don't release them without help - at least I haven't been able to release them without help during the last year. This cycle will be a huge 'wait and see' which may end well - as a normal ovulation cycle without any left over cysts, or I may come in for my cd3 baseline and walk away with ~another~ script for birth control. I really, really hope that doesn't happen. BUT, I am a little excited to see what happens. I know that I've been scared to have a natural cycle because of the risk of cysts, so I've always opted for monitored cycles paired with triggers. Since I'm being forced to have a 'normal' cycle, it's really out of my hands and I won't be able to worry about what I could have done to stop it from happening.

So that's my update. 5-6 more weeks stuck in a holding pattern. Sucks, but what can I do?

9 comments:

KatieM said...

Ouch hun! I'm sorry that thing was so painful, but I'm really glad it's out and you didn't have to wait until Tuesday. I'm hoping you have a normal natural cycle with ovulation and no cysts...and hey, we will be back in the TTC game right around the same time at this rate! =)

Unknown said...

Ugh! Sorry you had to go through that. I've got my fingers crossed for you, though!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't even begin to imagine. Oh do people actually cry and scream when they go into labor or is that just the movies?
Anyways, I'm glad things went good and I hope the next month or so flys by quickly for you!! Peace and pain meds! :)
-MORGAN

nancy said...

Morgan! Heh. "Do people actually cry and scream". Um. Unfortunately, that'd be a yes. I did it naturally and the pain was nothing I've ever encountered. I couldn't do anything with myself besides be overcome by pain and I suddenly found out that I was a screamer. ME. Tough roller derby girl. I cried and screamed a few times (during transition was the screaming part. It's the hardest point of labor, where you progress from 7cm-9cm).

I won't lie - drug free labor is the worst thing I've ever done. And I've done a lot! (ie: broke my leg in HALF snowboarding, where my bone was sticking through my leg. Yeah. labor was worse)

Jen said...

Well I'm glad the balloon is out, although I'm sorry it hurt so much. Good luck with the waiting, but I know its tough.

Anonymous said...

at least its out and your feeling better, sorry about the wait, urghhh on your behalf!

HUGS

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

Happy balloon is out, sad it hurt you so much.

Breaks suck.

jenn said...

I'm glad that you don't have to have that painful & uyncomfortable balloon anymore- but dang! I wish it was less painful for you to get it taken out.
I hope your next cycle comes soon & you get the all clear for a real try!

I also will keeo everything crossed for you to have a normal- cyst free- cycle.

Kaci said...

That sounds pretty bad - sorry you had to go through it. I'm hoping for a good, cyst-free cycle and clean surgery results. Good luck :)