Wednesday, April 16, 2008

2 more days until next hurdle.

I have an ultrasound scheduled Friday morning to find out if I get to keep going towards FET. I'm on day 3 of the letrozole to see if it helps my lining get estrogen greedy.

Honestly, I don't have much hope. I am happy we are doing something, as if we weren't doing this now, we'd be trying it next month. But since the estrogen only was the first step (which didn't work), this is only the second step. Maybe I'll need the 3rd or 4th step of lining growing protocols. Who knows. At the rate I'm going, I'm definitely not counting on anything. I think it's easier to be ready for disappointment instead of being blindsided by it.

Even ~if~ we get my lining to grow, there is still a major set of hurdles to still clear. Thawing the mod squad and having anyone survive. Growing the survivors. Making it to transfer. Transferring. Implantation. Sticking. Good lord, it's amazing this works for anyone.

Just for fun, I want to count the hurdles for my situation.

Hurdle #1: Follicle growth.
Hurdle #2: Egg Retrieval of mature eggs.
Hurdle #3: Fertilization.
Hurdle #4: Getting physically ready for try at FET.
Hurdle #5: Getting hormonally ready for try at FET.
Hurdle #6 Lining good enough for transfer.
Hurdle #7: Surviving thaw.
Hurdle #8: Survivors growing.
Hurdle #9: Embryos making it to transfer day.
Hurdle #10: Transfer.
Hurdle #11: Implantation.
Hurdle #12: Sticky embryo making momma's hcg levels rise through betas.

There. 12 hurdles. I've made it over 5 of them. Damn, all that work seemed much more than 4 hurdles.

6 comments:

JJ said...

Sending HOPE to you...
There are lots of hurdles--jumping hurdles was my event in high school track, and I remember what a pain they were to clear each time--and it seemed there was always one more...
You'll cross all 12...

Jen said...

Should I give you the cliched, one hurdle at a time speech? Or just wish that you could skip them and get to pregnant?!

MrsDrink said...

Lots of love, hope, and fingers crossed for you! It does happen for people though and who's to say that person couldn't be you? It can be and it just might be after all is said and done. I hope it will be.


Here's to a successful FET! (((HUGS)))

nancy said...

Julie, you are cute. Except you have to rhyme with "six" since size 8 is what I am now.

Shinejil said...

Keep leaping, and I'll keep hoping the rest of the ride is smooth.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Makes me think of my students when they have 12 assignments to get through in order to survive the class. I praise the heck out of them and give virtual glitter stars every time they turn one in and focus on the hard work that went into that one assignment rather than on the other ones left to tackle.

I give you a whole sack of glitter stars for getting this far, Nancy.