Monday, April 14, 2008

I've been ipod-ing it today

and I must say the day is ~so~ much better when I get to have a soundtrack to it. I'm lucky to have a job where I can wear business casual (jeans/button downs) and I get to keep an ipod directly glued to my ear (minus those thousands of conference calls of course).

To my point here ... I found myself coming back to this song without really realizing why and I just sat here listening to the lyrics. A small snippet:

Sometimes i think this cycle never ends
We slide from top to bottom and we turn and climb again
And it seems by the time that i have figured what it's worth
The squeaking of our skin against the steel has gotten worse.

But if i move my place in line i'll lose.
And i have waited, the anticipation's got me glued.

I am waiting for something to go wrong.
I am waiting for familiar resolve.


This is an upbeat song - no sad & depressing songs this week. But the words are quite apropos - no?

3 comments:

KatieM said...

I like it! and yes...very apropos =)

Anonymous said...

Definitely very fitting...

Wordgirl said...

I've been following the ups and downs -- hoping for more ups than downs...and cursing when things go the wrong way -- with ONE exception.....

and I think you know what I'm sayin....

(happy dance happy dance)

I still don't know why no one has crushed that Laperriere....

dropping the gloves...

circling...


xo