Saturday, April 5, 2008

I just went shopping with

Denise of Freezer Buns! Woohoo. I know you are super jealous.

Although it started out a bit rough (because of me - see below), it was awesome. We got to bitch about things and laugh about others. We ~so~ have the same feelings on lots of stuff.

Time was short and after a "meal" of fried stuff at Chili's, we had to part ways. Thanks Denise!


** I have had back/shoulder pain issues for years. The top of my right shoulder just tightens and knots up and it takes a few days to work it out. Yesterday it was worse than ever. Just couldn't get it to loosen up. Then, this morning, I woke up to the ~front~ of my shoulder (neck to collar bone) swollen as hell. Full of fluid. Hurt to the touch and it looked freaky (think goiter) and I called Doctor. I was told this was ~not~ normal and I was sent to Urgent Care. My appointment coincided with me meeting Denise, so I called and thankfully she was flexible (you should see her do the spilts!). Anywho, my neck bulge thing was poked and prodded by 3 doctors who didn't know what it was. "It's a very unusual presentation" they kept saying. With an xray to clear it being a mass of sorts, I was sent on my way with the warning "if it gets bigger, if it gets hot, if you feel lightheaded or dizzy - go directly to the ER". See, one doc wanted me to go to ER from urgent care for an array of tests, but I didn't want to do all of that. So here I sit with a big fluid filled lump on my neck/shoulder and I'll wait. It looks like it went down a bit, but it's still obviously there. I still can't see the indentation of my collar bone yet.

4 comments:

Io said...

Yikes - what does life have against you lately?!
I hope your neck gets better - it sounds horrible.

KatieM said...

Oh jeez! I can only imagine how that looks...how strange. I hope it is doing better today though. Seriously, you are due for something fantastically good to happen to you after all of this.

jenn said...

God Nancy! I hope you are better soon & I am going to have a stern talk with life to stop fucking with you!

Nadine said...

totally jealous, getting to hang out with Denise, you colobloggers!