Tuesday, April 8, 2008

FET update!

cd1. Woohoo!!!

I called the RE's office at 4pm and they asked me if I could come right over. Hell yeah I could.

After the blood draw, it was monkey wand time. My RE was still there (I was told the nurse would be scanning me) and he came in for a look around. Ovaries? Not concerned. Free fluid? Good. Follies? Gone. So we are good to go. Well, kind of.

He wants to do a mock cycle first. Which scared me at first, but after the explanation, I am totally on board. Today being cd1, they are going to start me on an estrace-only "cycle" to see how my lining reacts to estrogen being the only drug. Then, on the 19th, they'll trigger another cycle (to come on the 22nd) and they'll start me on my FET cycle. This way, they will be able to modify my protocol based on how I reacted with the estrogen. Sure, it's "pushing me back" 2 weeks, but it's giving me an additional chance to check out how my lining reacts. Totally cool.

If all goes well on the actual FET cycle, we'll have transfer around 5/07-5/08. I can handle that. THEN, if it doesn't work, the next June cycle won't be so damned far away. I don't mind having to wait the month to try again, but to wait 2 months? Ugh - can't do that anymore. I've had too many 8-12 week waits due to all those surgeries and I'm done with them. The Mod Squad needs a nice place to land - no freezer burn allowed!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Very excited for you ...

jenn said...

Wow- that is exciting! What a cool belated cinco de mayo for you!
I hope that the estrace alone really plumps it up for you!

Anonymous said...

A transfer on May 7 would be great, I'll use my birthday wish for you!

Cate

Meg said...

I am rooting for you here! I will say this modestly and quietly but it sure looks like the stars are aligning.

I hate waiting. I can only imagine how excruciating multiple 12-week waits have been for you.

Welcome AF!

Denise said...

Maybe it's the Lupron making my brain all fuzzy, but what do you mean they will "trigger another cycle" and start you on your FET? Does that mean they'll give you a trigger shot to force ovulation? Will you have to wait for AF again? I'm confused. Don't mind me.

Duffy said...

Yay - some GOOD news!!! Wow, you and Denise and I are really close in our dates - and we are all in the thick of this right now, aren't we? Well....hopefully May will bring us a 3 pack of BFPs!!! I am so glad things are beginning to work out for you - I have been holding my breath for you....I can only imagine how stressful the last couple weeks have been!!! Big hugs!

nancy said...

Denise - "trigger a cycle" as in "make the cycle happen". It's funny that anyone going through treatments now thinks the word "trigger" means injecting hcg via syringe.

They are just going to have be stop taking the estrace on the 19th, which will make my cycle come a few days later due to the decrease of such a high dosage of estrogen. Also, I won't ovulate due to the estrogen - it'll be just like taking the pill.

Jamie said...

I am so excited for you and the Mod Squad!

You will be in my thoughts!

KatieM said...

I loved hearing this, and am totally happy you are cool with it! And, if all goes as planned and the mod squad finds a nice new home...you will be KU'd before my next appt. =P

It's about damn time we get this show on the road ;-)

Shinejil said...

Cool! Great to get some info before moving forward. You're going to get the Mod Squad into a swank new pad soon, Nancy!

Nadine said...

That's great, i'm not doing a mock cycle, because estrogen, isn't my friend (estrogen grows endo). But I'm going in for a mid cycle scan to see what my body will do without assistance. I think it's a great idea, i would rather put things off, and have a cycle that works than rush into things.

Jen said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

How very exciting that you get to go forward. Waiting is the worst.