Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a pain in the ass.

I gave myself my first delestrogen injection last night.

Good news is it's such a concentrated amount, I can barely feel it. I do feel a little sore, as it was in oil, but barely. BARELY.

The injections start out very small - only .05 ml - A full 95% less than the amount of a menopur injection. The most it goes up to is only .15ml - still teensy tiny.

The PIO, on the other hand, won't be fun. It's a full 1.5ml (145% more) oil to push into my ass. And that will be daily. Definitely not looking forward to that. And I've heard enough horror stories thanks. I don't need any more!

So the nurse called and told me we were considering yesterday to be "cd4". And we'll re-evaluate on Monday.

9 comments:

Chastity said...

I can give you non-horror story about the PIO injections. I took them three full months, twice a day...never a lump formed. They were extremely easy and nearly pain free. I opted for them over the suppositories as I did not have a good reaction to those.

HeidiM said...

What guage needles do you use for the PIO? They gave me 18 in Tampa and 22 here but I went to Walgreens to get 25. It's so much less scary. Walgreens makes you bring in the vial of progesterone to prove you're not shooting up something illegal, and then they're like 50 cents each. Totally worth the hassle.

Meg said...

Thanks for the long drive to Denver. I loved seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Try putting ice on the injection site for at least 10 mins before your shot, then swab with alcohol, it really does HELP. Also, I found it better to give myself the shot then to wait for my husband to do it, b/c he was so scared he would hurt me, the wait for him to inject was agonizing. Once I started doing it myself, it was more tolerable (not going to say great, just tolerable). Good Luck:)

Unknown said...

The PIO shots I found, were not nearly as bad as I had imagined. I also spent about 5 minutes afterwards doing little butt flexes to get the muscles warm and moving so the oil wouldn't pool, and that seemed to do the trick. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Please stay away from the posted photos of horrendous PIO bruises!

Unknown said...

I also had a non-horror story time with the PIO injections. No lumps, and nearly no soreness.
We iced for a while, then did the shot, then I used a heating pad for a minute.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad I get to do mine in my belly. There's something very sensitive about my big ass. Good luck!!!

Birdee said...

I was driving down the road the other day thinking about you and all the hurdles you have to go through and I thought, boy she is the most Hurdle Myrtle I've ever seen (me personally, I'm sure there is more out there) so I think that should be your new nick name (Or did you already think of that?)
♥ ya. Miss ya, your always in my thoughts ~hugs~