Sunday, April 13, 2008

I'm going to kill my husband.

Is "justified homicide" a real defense?

I've been sick. SICK. Since Friday afternoon. Laid in bed. I feel shitty. Ugh.

He had to go up to Salida for work today. He was all worried that I wouldn't be up to it and he'd take the kids with him. Nice guy. I said I could manage, I just won't be doing much more than what was bottom line necessary.

He left before I woke up at 7am. 2 hours there. 2 hours back. Give him an hour at the work site and something to eat. Noon comes and goes - where IS he? He calls at 1:30pm.

"Hey, I'm just leaving Salida, I'll be home about 3:30!"

"What the hell are you still doing in Salida?!!" (me feeling sorry he got stuck with work on a Sunday)

"Oh, I decided to spend 1/2 day skiing". (there goes ANY feeling of sadness for the guy).

Seriously. Skiing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty justified to me.

I hope you feel better soon!

jenn said...

totally justified! I too hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Ack! How insensitive ... Hope he was smart enough to stay clear of you when he got home. Or at least spoil you silly!

Nadine said...

totally totally justified.

Anonymous said...

OMG I would have had to have killed him. I am sure the jury would understand. :)

--Kristin