Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bouncing baby tickers on pregnancy blogs.

They creep me out.

NO, not because I'm just jealous (let's get this straight though - I ~am~ jealous of pregnant girls). The tickers themselves are creepy.

I don't know what it is about it. The fact that early ones have little tadpoles in them? Nah. The little bit later ones have babies with way too big of heads? Nah. The fact that the very later ones have full formed babies in them? Nah.

I think it's the motion. The bobbing up and down that does it for me. I don't like that at all. It's like watching my tv when my DVR has put itself on pause and they are in straight line motion until it touches a side or corner.

Have you seen the episode of "The Office" about this? heh.

The creepiest state of those tickers are when the head is touching the side and the baby goes around like a clock, the feet stuck in the middle as it's head scrapes the sides of the bubble. ~shudder~

11 comments:

Jess NBP said...

HUGS!! LOL kinda funny there nancy!! hope this wkend is it!!

Happy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I too have 2 blogs I just don't have the second one listed w/my comment id. I know kinda weird, but we decided to try donor insemination so I opted not to lay it all out there.

I have those pains in the ovary region too. It sounds like you'll be having your insemination in a few days!!

Trace
http://1hardyswimmer.blogspot.com/

FattyPants said...

I loved that episode of the office. Good luck with the IUI.

Io said...

"Like what would their reaction be right now if someone came from behind the door and punched them in the stomach."
Um, I just peed myself a little. Just wanted to let you know that you have that effect on me.

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

LOL! That was funny!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Isn't it funny ... I'm also another person with two blogs. But really, for no particular reason other than I also wanted to try Wordpress.

Sounds like you've got a "busy" weekend. Hoping for the best for you and hubby!

Pamela T. said...

At the risk of alienating every blogger who has one of those widgets, I could NOT agree more, Nancy. It's less about the "here's where my baby's development lies" (which I will admit stings on certain days) and more about the presentation. I feel like I'm back in biology class peering into jars of pickled organs, etc., in formaldehyde. Thanks for saying what I was thinking...

nancy said...

I felt that risk too PJ, but I hoped to get to the point that it wasn't the fact it was a "pregnancy" ticker", but just a strangely displayed type ticker.

While, of course, still acknowledging jealousy :) (but not of the widget itself!)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Double-blogger here, too.

And I can promise you'll never see a "bouncing baby" widget on my blog.

CanadianMama said...

I totally thought they were creepy (especially when the baby has a tail) until I got my own and now I love it haha. Kind of like how most people say they hated kids until they got their own?

nancy said...

I dunno. I've gone through 2 pregnancies and I still think they are creepy. I can tell you know when I get pregnant, I won't be using that one!

Anonymous said...

If I am pregnant I will be aware to those thing that will make my baby in danger and also for me. I will the best during my pregnancy and to the baby if she/he will come out.