Friday, January 18, 2008

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo! (updated)

(thanks for the inspiration Katie!)

It seems that I have a little egg that could. Lefty is sitting at 17mm this morning and Righty is still behind at 15mm.

"Not quite ready for trigger, we'll see you tomorrow" was what I was told. Ultrasound #8 is tomorrow morning at 8:15am.

I asked all sorts of questions but my NP is great at telling me a lot of information on things I didn't actually ask. I can tell you what the beginning protocol is for older IVF patients at my clinic compared to what they give younger patients. I can tell you the older patient protocol is quite similar to an endo patient. I can tell you about some things they give for endo patients. But I can't tell you what I'll be taking. See, I asked if they do birth control pills as their "normal" protocol with IVF so I would get an idea of timing if/when I move to IVF. Instead, I got a rundown of ~all~ protocols. She was so nice, I didn't even try to narrow it down. It's too early to ask what my IVF protocol will be. I need to relax a bit. (ack. I said that phrase!).

Soooooo.....

I'm "on track" with growth. I'll trigger tomorrow or they'll have me trigger myself on Sunday. Then a Sunday or Monday insemination is most likely in store. She also said my lining was "certainly taking off" but the screen was turned and couldn't see the number and I forgot to ask.

I ~DID ASK~ if my eggs will be of lower quality since they are growing so slowly. She said ~"On the contrary. There are European studies doing slow growth protocols which they showing better egg quality as they mature slowly, rather than quickly." I smiled and said my eggs are like wine. And then I put on my pants.

-----
updated: I just looked at my "daily tarot" card. What a riot.

"The Seven of Pentacles card suggests that my power today lies in timing. I have earned the payoff. I don't interfere with the natural progression and development of things that are out of my hands at the moment. I am empowered by preparation and my asset is using time wisely."

-----
updated again: As I have said before, I get a few horoscope things everyday delivered to my email. I don't read them daily and I have them sorted so they go right into a separate folder. If I want to look, I do, if not, it gets all deleted, unread. I really like the daily tarot though. I'm not a "believer" but I do get enjoyment from them. And when they are coincidentally cool, I enjoy it even more. Anywho, I just looked at my daily general horoscope.

"Even if you've never believed in fate, you're about to become aware of its existence. Circumstances that are supposedly beyond your control will put you in touch with someone you wouldn't have met if you hadn't been diverted."

(children mentioned)

I always talk about the fact of taking 18 cycles to get my daughter, Ella. While the 18 cycles sucked (but couldn't be happier it was ~only~ 18 cycles), had I conceived before that, I wouldn't of had this amazing little person. Yes, I'd have another amazing little person who I would love just as much, but I wouldn't have ELLA. Had I not had to wait (had my time diverted), she'd of been someone I'd never of met. So this silly daily horoscope was cool.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you too and reading you always even if I don't often comment :)

I'm willing them to grow so if they don't want Aunty artblog to give them an earful they'd better play ball ;)

XXX

Kim said...

Oh man, I am *so* excited for you that this cycle won't go down the drain after all. Maybe these are two slow-growin' super healthy eggies :O).

~Joe said...

GOOD LUCK!!! and thats a great point about the conception time of your daughter, put a smile on my face.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Yay for wine-y eggs.

I liked what you said about Ella being worth it all.

Good luck in the coming days (and months!).

q said...

I freguently have that timing thought. I am awed and amazed at how timing makes all the difference sometimes.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you and will be sending good luck vibes this weekend.

bleu said...

I swear I left a comment here and asked which tarot and astro sites you get emails from.

nancy said...

Miss Bleu - I sent you an email right away, so I didn't publish your comment about you asking me. But I did answer you and resent it. You aren't going crazy!