Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A few random things in my head.

1. The 19 year old niece is ~not~ pregnant. Moron. She announced it to everyone without taking a test. She was "late" and assumed it. MORON. I bought her a box of 48 condoms, complete with spermicide, and sent them to her in an envelope with no note. Is she more off or more on? I know. More on. Moron.

2. My belly hurts like a mutha. And I ~know~ all those follies can do it. But my point here is why the &*$*(# didn't I get this tender feeling until 12 hours before the u/s showed no growth, where I already HAD 10 follies ranging from 10-13mm? I'll get to the bottom of it tomorrow. I'm sticking with my theory that it's the dying of the extra, non mature follies that hurt. Not that growth of the maturing ones.

3. I'm so proud of myself. I commented on ~pregnancy~ blogs today. Big step.

4. I'm going to go to boston. I need to make a business trip soon, so tomorrow I plan to get the plan with my RE. If we are going to IVF "next" cycle, I need to know when that will start. Isn't there a month of bcp involved in IVF?

5. I don't know how I am going to survive without advil. I have a back injury (nerve damage in my facet joint) from childbirth. For 2 years, I have been taking advil at least 3 times a day - usually in 800mg. No, I don't have a bleeding ulcer. My doc said as long as my belly doesn't hurt (not including this follie death pain), to feel free to take it. So, I have an appointment tomorrow at 6:45am (yes, in the morning) with my pain management doctor to figure out if there is anything else besides tylenol that can help. And I don't want a narcotic. But apparently that is the only thing I can take safely while ttc and if I ever actually get pregnant. Weird. But we'll see.

6. My belly hurts beyond belief. Really. Follie death pangs. FDPs. Gotta be.

7. I have a bajillion things to do today. And it's snowing. So that means I don't want to drive to work. Not that I don't want to drive in the snow, no problem with that. And really, there is barely any snow out there. But, people here drive like turtles when there is a dusting of snow and I don't want to deal with it.

8. Hi Laurel.

9. Running out of things but want to make it to 10.

10. I'm going to listen to punk rock today. Nothing sad. Like coldplay. I don't even like coldplay. Really. I got the new Shellac. And a new (to me) yeah yeah yeahs. And some ~old~ PJ Harvey. Oh, and the new lemonheads. Not punk rock. But lemonheads. I used to love the lemonheads.

7 comments:

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

Oooh. Yeah yeah yeahs. You might like the Heartless Bastards, too, if you aren't familliar.

Sorry for the sore belly. I hope it gets better soon.

Swim said...

Lemonheads... I haven't heard them in ages. Going to have to load their old CD my ipod now and have a listen. I heard Queen's Another one bites the dust last week and can't get it out of my head. It brings back roller skating memories from my childhood. Maybe the lemonheads can get queen out of my head. :-)

Hope your tummy feels better soon.

Dr. Grumbles said...

Can you feel me rolling my eyes at your niece???

KatieM said...

Your reaction to number one is cracking me up...sure you shouldn't have included the number to the local planned parenthood too? Hahaha...what an idiotic thing for her to do...sheesh.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Just checkin' in on you.
Hope your feeling a little better and the FDP's aren't killing you!
Call me later if you want to chat.

Natalie said...

Sucks that your belly's still hurtin, jesus. Re the birth control question re IVF, not all clinics do it. My clinic prefers NOT to use birth control so there's less "factors" involved - they only used it on me with IVF#1 cuz I pushed to beat the Christmas closure cuz without BCP, I was missing it by 3 stupid days, which put me out 2 months or so with the timing of everything.

Little did I know timing wasn't going to matter...

Anonymous said...

Hey Nancy,
If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to email or call me.

(((hugs)))
Tina