Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Questions and Answers

Here is a list I'll just keep updating as the day proceeds. As I get a new comment from my last post, I'll list them here. PLEASE READ THE POST BELOW THIS ONE!

(and, by the way, you guys RULE for helping me out today!!)

Q: how did your husband propose to you. . .how did you meet?
A: We met in the most romantic place on earth. A bar. He proposed on the peak of a mountain, while snowboarding in Breckenridge. We just got off the lift and made our way over to an off-map run the locals call "never never land", a tree run. He told me something was wrong with his binding, so I stopped. He took off his snowboard and before I knew it, he's on one knee with a ring box in his hand. I sat there, snowboard strapped on, goggles and a big helmet bobble head. Being proposed to. It was awesome.

Q: What is your dream vacation?
A: Anything involving a warm sandy beach. I love the ocean, more than anything else in the world. I would like to go somewhere exotic, like tahiti or a place like that.

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve dealing with driving?
A: People in the fast lane who don't move over when you come up behind them.

Q: If you were given 24 hours to move from your home, where would you move? It could be anywhere in the world as long as you have NOT lived there before.
A: Boston. (I wouldn't want to live overseas, so this is a boring answer!)

Q: Tell us about how you & hubs met, please?
A: Since already asked, I'll answer a bit more. We had seen each other at this particular bar a few times about a year previous to our actual official meeting. We had played pool against each other, but we both had a boyfriend/girlfriend, so nothing was ever said. We did think each other was "cute" though. So when he walked in that night, everything fell into place. Except for the fact the reason I hadn't seen him for the previous year was he was living in texas! He was moving back in four months though. So, after an amazing weekend together (yeah, I'm easy), he asked "so what now?". I took a chance and said "In a perfect world, we'll wait for each other over the next for months and when you come back, we'll be together." He agreed! Over the next 2 weeks, we talked a handful of times on the phone, but not much. We're both not huge phone talkers. Well, two weeks later, I get a call from him telling me "We have to talk. I have to go to work now, but I was hoping you'll be home tonight so I can call." Uh-oh. Here it comes. 2 weeks and he's already done waiting. I wait and wait that night, no call. Then my doorbell rings. There he was, standing there in front of his little car packed with all his stuff. He said he put in his two weeks notice the day he got back to Texas from seeing me. That was 10 years ago next month. We haven't been apart since.

Q: What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?
A: Back in high school, I dated a guy who had a kid. (awesome, eh?). Well, being so young, his mother adopted the child so he was her biological father and her adoptive brother. They lived in a small house so he had to share a room with her (fair in my eyes). We were in the room, doing what horny teenage kids do (remember, I said I was easy) and right in the middle of it, his mother walked in, carrying his sleeping daughter. Imagine the position I was in, literally. We was on top, I was half hanging off the bed, so I was looking at her upside down. My leg was up in the air and he was holding my ankle up in the air. Good lord. His mother stopped and we stopped. She just looked at us a moment, shook her head, and proceeded to lay the baby down in her crib. She then walked out and shut the door. It took me a good 2 hours to come out of the room. I had to pass the living room to get out. She stopped us for "the talk". She says the common "there will be none of that under my roof!" and he asks back "what about in the backyard?". Oh. My. God. I thought I was going to die.

Q: How do you explain colors, excluding black and white, and what they look like to a blind person that has been blind all his life?
A: Oh boy. This one will keep me pondering. In fact, I've thought about this before and never had an answer. I would probably try to use sensations that the blind person does have, like touch. IE: red being a hot color.

Q: What was your first tattoo? Any special meaning to it? If you had to do it over, would you get that one again?
A: It was the one on my lower back - I think the most popular place for any 18 year old girl. No special meaning, although I did scour book after book for the perfect design. It's an intricate design with vines. And yes, I would get that one again. Although I would have made it go closer to m hips instead of how 'short' it is. Since I got bigger as I got older, my love handles look even bigger because of the tattoo.

Q: At a recent birthday party there were four mothers and their children. aged 1, 2, 3 and 4. From the clues below can you work out whose child is whose and their relevant ages? It was Jane's child's birthday party. Brian is not the oldest child. Sarah had Anne just over a year ago. Laura's child will be 3 next birthday. Daniel is older than Charlie. Teresa's child is the oldest. Charlie is older than Laura's child.
A: Sarah's child, Ann, is one. Laura's child, Brian, is two. Jane's child, Charlie, is 3. Theresa's child, Daniel, is 4.

Q: Any progress on that "circles of equal angle" problem?
A: No. And I suspect there never will be.

(Holy crap. Sarah r rules! She asked 13 questions!)

Q: What is your middle name?
A: I have two. Alice Ann.

Q: Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest in your family?
A: I'm the baby!

Q: What was your worst job ever?
A: Cleaning the bathrooms in a warehouse - the ones that the "truckers" would use. I have nothing against truckers, but good lord, I've never seen nastier urinals ever. (I cleaned others throughout the building. I did the general cleaning for a cleaning supplies outlet over a summer.) I don't understand how so much hair ended up in there. Maybe they were all hot/sweaty from sitting down and driving all day, so when they did get up to pee, they scratched a lot.

Q: When you put your jacket on, do you hold onto the sleeves so they don't slide up differently than the jacket sleeves?
A: ~totally~. (trigs) And my 3 yr old does it too. Awesome.

Q: What is your favorite Subway sandwich (if you eat there)?
A: Chicken breast, white american cheese, white bread, mustard, a teeny bit of mayo, lettuce, pickles, salad peppers, tomatoes, spinach leaves, cucumbers and salt & pepper.

Q: Do you like the toilet paper to roll from the top or the bottom?
A: Like any female - from the top!

Q: Do you organize your clothes in your closet according to color?
A: They don't stay that way, but yes. And my long/short sleeves too.

Q: What outfit are you wearing today?
A: Olive green cords, white vneck knit shirt, green tank top underneath so I don't look like a whore at work showing my cleavage and my uggs (can't wear any other shoes yet due to my broken foot).

Q: What's the weather like right now where you live?
A: A little chilly due to wind, but sunny. 34 degrees with a wind chill of 23.

Q: Do you wear contacts?
A: Nope.

Q: If I opened your fridge, what would I find the most of?
A: Fruits & Veggies.

Q: Does it drive you nuts when people chew on their pens?
A: Not really - as long as they are quiet about it. But clicking it over and over does. (I'm annoyed by sounds)

Q: Do you like your ice cream in a dish or a cone?
A: I like it in a cone.

Q: What would the soundtrack to your life story be? Minimum of 6 songs.
A: Oh god. I have no idea. I will come back to this one. Let me work on it.

Q: If you were a country, which country would you be? (from a text message from my friend Laurel)
A: You know, I don't know enough about the politics/social aspects of other countries to answer this. Maybe Canada so I can think I'm better than anyone else. (love ya my canadian friends!)

Q: Who is the person you are most "hiding out" from talking to and why? Bonus question for extra credit: What would it be like for you and for them if you took on having the conversation you are avoiding?
A: You. Because you and I don't have the same type of coping mechanisms. When I am trying to stay grounded yet hold onto hope, I don't want you to tell me in so many words: "No matter what you do, you aren't going to allow yourself to find anything that proves the answer you don't want to find, right."

Q: As a public service, what objective standard can you propose for how hard to close a car door, such that it is not taken as "slamming"?
A: If, while sitting inside the car, the door being closed is so loud as to make me jump, that's too hard. No more pressure than the minimum pressure necessary to close a door should be used. Anything above and beyond said pressure is what I consider "slamming".

Q: Have you ever "thanked" an inanimate object for doing something it did well? (For example, thanking a Band-Aid for doing a good job before tossing it into the trash.) If you did, did it make you feel better or stupid after you did it?
A: I commonly thank my car for getting me home after a scary drive home through icy or snowy streets. And it makes me feel better after I do it.

(Whoa. Miss Katarina Jelly Beana is asking a lot too!)

Q: How did you get into roller derby? Did you watch it as a kid on ESPN afterschool like I did?
A: Although I did used to watch it on tv, I actually joined because I felt old. I had just turned 35 and my mother turned 70 a few weeks prior. On my birthday, she kept saying "you are half my age! you are half my age!" and I couldn't believe I was half way to 70! When I saw the flier for open recruit night, I made the decision to go.

Q: If you were trapped on a desert island and could only take 3 books with you, what would they be?
A: I honestly don't know. I read, but I read mystery books, so I don't ever read them twice. I'm trying to think of a book I've read twice and I never had I believe. How much do I suck? I've never read the classics.

Q: Chocolate or vanilla?
A: Vanilla. Although I do like chocolate syrup on top.

Q: Favorite childhood memory?
A: My dad used to play Pink Floyd on the record player and tell me stories about exploring space or some other crazy kind of thing. Although the stories sometimes scared me, I'll never forget how much I loved listening to him.

Q: If you could change one thing about your husband, what would it be?
A: I'd wish that he would be able to conquer his fear of going back to school, so he could try to get his dream job. It's not about the money, because he'd actually be making less than what he makes now, but I want him to be happy.

Q: Would you want to see Spam made?
A: Yeah. But only after they "meat" is collected. I wouldn't want to see that.

Q: Pretend you're in Hell. In your mind, who would be doing an infinity run on the mainstage in Hell...and you have a permanently reserved table up front?
A: Rush.

Q: If you could resurrect any tv series and have it continue with its original brilliance, what would it be?
A: 60 on the Sunset Strip.

Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: Did I? Or do I? I ~wanted~ to be an architect and then an anesthesiologist. I want to be a chemist.

Q: Name 3 reasons why today is great that have nothing to do with temperature, urine or uteri.
A: 1) Since I've gained a bit of my weight back, my pants haven't been fitting too great. But this morning, I found an old pair and they fit great. And I like them. 2) It's my first day back to work with eyebrows that aren't growing out of control because I finally got them waxed last night. 3) The house in cleaned, the dishes are done. Tonight's schedule includes rest and relaxation without worrying about any chores to be done.

Q: Have you ever sent anything to that guy who has that "send my your secrets" website? If so, what was it?
A: Nope. But if I did, I would be breaking the rules of sending in a secret, since it has to be a secret you've ~never~ told anyone. (postsecret.blogspot.com for those of you who have never seen this)

Q: Ok, child number 3 girl or boy, which would you prefer or is there no preference?
A: I want a girl because I already have two girls and none of it will be a surprise to me. Plus, everything I own for children are girl things. Adding in a boy will totally be more expensive. But, hubby really wants a boy, so I do want a boy for him.

Q: What was your absolute favorite birthday gift?
A: The birth of my second daughter, Allison. I didn't have her on my birthday, but labor started that day, so I knew she was on her way. It's like she told me she was coming to meet me for my birthday. (I could have done without 3 days of labor though)

Q: What is your favorite season and why?
A: I like summer. I love warm summer rain. I love to be able to do things outside without bundling up. I love to feel the heat on my skin. Plus, it means I can go to the ocean!

Q: I'd like to know what are your 3 biggest fears in life. Are they different then ten years ago?
A: 1. Anything happening to my children. 2. Anything happening to me because of my children. 3. Anything happening to my husband, because of my children. And yes, totally different. 10 years ago I was more afraid of failing at something - losing my job, house, etc. But now all my priorities have changed to completely revolve around them.

Q: What was your favorite time period of your life?
A: Honestly, the past 4 years. Due to the children.

Q: What kind of animal would you want to be? And why?
A: Housecat. Easy live and lots of love.

Q: Have you ever had sex outside?
A: Yup.

Q: Do you already have the 'big sex talk' planned out for when your kids are older?
A: Not planned, but I'll definitely have it.

Q: What's the farthest you've ever been from home?
A: Mazatlan, Mexico.

Q: Since you are an adopted Irishwoman, how do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?
A: Our friends put on a huge st patty's day party each year. But that's on the weekend around the day. ON St patty's day, we fly to wherever Flogging Molly is playing to see them. This year it's Tempe, AZ, as it was last year.

Q: I'm sorry, the only question I can think of is when will you be convinced that a BFP on a test is Real? (That is if they are to stay positive) 11dpo? 12dpo? Will 14dpo be enough for you?
A: If darker tomorrow, I'll definitely believe it. If still light tomorrow, it'll be a toss up, so I'll have to wait until blood test on 12dpo because my RE said the trigger would be out by then.

Q: Who are your Heroes and why?
A: My heroes are all women who have gone through infertility. But mostly, it's the women who have tried for years, only to fail - but still being able to go one with their lives. I was serious when I said I was inspired by the women who have come to the conclusion they are living childfree. It's one of the most touching things I have ever encountered.

Q: If you won 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
A: Too bad a million bucks isn't that great anymore. I would invest half of it, only to use interest when I wanted to. The other half would go to an appropriate sized house for the family and of course, a spending spree for anything I wanted. Although I would try to only get things we'd actually use, not getting crazy with it. Maybe try to find a small house by the beach. It wouldn't get me a lot, but I bet I could find something within a few miles of the beach.

Q: Would your answer be different if you won 10 million dollars? and why?
A: Yup. Cause I'd find a bigger house near a better beach!

4 comments:

Kaci said...

The details of your meeting are really sweet.

LOL on the boyfriend/kid/sex episode.

Anonymous said...

If you could have any super powers what would it be and why?

Amy

Tammy said...

Here's a question...

Can AF start while you are taking progestrone suppliments?

B said...

What kind of toothpaste do you use?

Have you ever been a smoker (cigarettes)? If so, do you still crave one every once in awhile?

Have you always wanted three children or has this number materialized over time?

How many siblings do you have (not including IL's) and what are the age/sex of each?

Do you have pets?

How old was Ella the first time you left her with someone else overnight? How did you feel about it? Was it easier with Allie the first time you left her overnight since you'd done it before?

How do you do it all? I work don't have children and I feel like pulling out my hair sometimes trying to keep up with laundry and dishes. How do you manage work, being a mommy, keeping your house in one piece and keeping a spark in your marriage?

You're really outgoing on line and it sounds like that carries over IRL. Is your husband really outgoing too or is he shy?

That's it for now...I'll try to think of some more. :)