Monday, January 28, 2008

As I start to obsess...

I had a nice temp jump today on my chart. Now, I know that post-o temps really don't mean much until that elusive BFP is found. I know most temp "signs" are totally hindsight - only after a bfp do they mean anything. I've had plenty of great charts with bfns at the end. But, I do notice things that miss hope have pointed out to me.

Great. I have a nice temp jump at 8dpo. Mind you, after a nice temp dip yesterday at 7dpo. ~If~ I ended up with a bfp, I would be able to point out "implantation dip! Triphasic pattern! (if it continues)". I know charts still show these patterns with nothing to show at the end. And I also know pregnancy charts don't need to show these types of patterns. But, like I said, miss hope is holding me by the hand and pointing these things out.

After glaring at my chart for awhile, I go check my morning email. I check my daily tarot first.

"The Empress card affirms that my alter ego today is a Domestic Diva, whose superpower is to conceive. I shall indulge the pleasure of a delicious obsession with room to enhance my standard."

You've got to be kidding me.

Then, I read my only other daily horoscope email, my general outlook for the day.

"You'll be dealing with your share of nervous energy. It's exhausting, sure, and you've just about had it. But if you can keep your eye on the ball for a few more weeks, you'll have everything you were after."

Heh.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice chart! That is a pretty exciting e-mail you got too. I wouldn't be able to not be hopeful after all that! I'll continue to stalk your blog for updates. :)

*fingers crossed for you*

Shinejil said...

My fingers are firmly crossed for you, too, Nancy! I hope this is it.

Birdee said...

WOW! That is so awesome. Gawd I hope this is it for you.

Jen said...

I'm crossing everything for you! I hope the empress is right!

MrsDrink said...

I had this anxious feeling this morning when looking at your chart. I won't say it meant one way or the other because if it's not, I don't want to add to the hurt Miss Hope had caused....but, I'll be glad if the anxiousness is a good thing and then I'll ~really~ know what the feeling was all about.

Good luck!♥

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I hope that the tarrot and the horoscope are both right and this is it for you.

Just try and stay positive!

Lisa (aka hisangelface)

charmedgirl said...

if i remember correctly (who am i kidding...i just checked), only one more wake-up till the first test pee. can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

lookin good hollywood.

Missy said...

What good signs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these won't just be coincidences. :)

Dr. Grumbles said...

Well, no one knows obsessing like I do (in fact, I am a little jealous that have a better thermal shift than I typically do). I hope you get to have plenty of BFP induced hindsight.

Jen said...

Good luck this week Nancy! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and have everything crossed.

Io said...

My mother showed me her bbt charts from when she conceived me (way tmi, mom) this weekend. She pointed out all the patterns until she found me.

Here's hoping that someday you have the option (please don't do it though) to take this months chart and show it to the kid that resulted from it.

Wordgirl said...

Oh Nancy!

Being a tarot girl myself -- I am completely excited for you....everything that can be crossed -- is.

xo

Pam

Confessions of a momaholic said...

hey...it does sound promising! i say hold onto hope as long as you can! here's to hoping there is a BFP at the end of this crazy cycle!

Nico said...

Those are some tantalizing horoscopes there!! I really hope they prove to be true!

Swim said...

I'm hopeful for you this cycle. Sounds like your stars are aligning.

Best of luck and I'll keep watching that beautiful chart of yours. :-)

Denise said...

Those readings are eerily perfect!

Kim said...

Wow, that horoscopes scare me... are they always that dead on?

Hoping, wishing, and praying that this is THE cycle.

Kaci said...

Oh Nancy between the chart & the horoscopes, I think you *have* to be ~lucky~ this cycle!

Ann said...

Yes, it's hard NOT to read too much into these charts--especially if they're different from the previous times. Best wishes for this cycle!

Danifred said...

As a newbie to the world of infertility, I love checking in on your blog and it makes me feel so much better to know that I'm not the only one sitting with my chart scrutinizing every little peak and valley, trying to figure out what it REALLY means!